Here’s to kickstarting your week with the motivation and determination to find your strength and LOVE yourself for it!
1. Choose healthy because you LOVE your body, not because you hate it. SO often I hear people say they are unhappy with the way they look and need to start working out. I have been here, too…several times…and this mindset rarely ever leads to success. When I began to appreciate the things my body COULD do, I was hooked on ‘healthy’ and found success naturally. Spend this week trying to focus on what you CAN do 🙂
2. Plan for fitness. Look at your schedule for the entire week and decide when you can get your exercise in. Dedicate this time in advance so you can plan and be prepared for it. Think of your workouts as important meetings you’ve scheduled with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.
3. Set goals…and crush them! Start small, and make them achievable in the short-term. I have found that accomplishing small goals along the way is the motivation that I need to crush the bigger goals. Maybe your goal this week is to exercise at least 3 times, or to avoid the drive-thru breakfast on the way to work, or to cook a healthy meal and sit down with your family for dinner. Whatever your goal(s) may be, I promise you will be even more determined after crushing them. Don’t forget, the smaller goals add up, and you’ll be on the way to achieving your bigger goals before you know it!
4. It is not always going to be easy, but it is ALWAYS worth it. If choosing healthy is scary or unfamiliar to you, you’re doing it right! I mean, if eating healthy and working out were easy, wouldn’t everybody be lean and tone?! Be strong and fearless enough to break the barrier. Choose determination instead of discouragement. Surround yourself with people who will be supportive and encouraging. They nay-sayers are only jealous because you have the drive and determination they wish they had themselves. Don’t give up. Ever. Even when it gets hard and you remember how much easier it was before you chose healthy. This is a process, not a product, and you will get out exactly what you put in. Believe in yourself!
5. Remember, you’ve always been beautiful. Now you’re just deciding to be healthier, happier, faster, and stronger 🙂
Is there anything holding you back from choosing healthy?! If so, comment or message me, and I can help you work through it to find the best you!