Is anybody else just mind blown that January is already half-way over?! WHOA!
I am SO glad you are here to follow along on my journey towards a stronger, healthier, and happier lifestyle! In the spirit of “Jumping Back In,” I thought I would reintroduce myself for those of you who are new to the Living Everyday Strong community.
- My name is Kristen, and I am 24 years old from South Carolina.
- I graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2015 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education.
- I now teach 4th grade to the greatest group of 9-10 year olds around, and I learn just as much from them daily as I hope to teach them.
- My family is super close. Like, really.
- My fiance, John Thomas, and I became engaged on New Year’s Eve 2017, and I seriously cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with someone who values health and happiness as much as I do [truthfully, he gets the credit for instilling that value in me].
- I love a good day-trip adventure! Whether it’s hiking through the woods or exploring a small town…there’s just something about experiencing something new that excites me.
- ^ My dad is probably laughing out loud at #6. This adventure thing hasn’t always been my favorite…as much as he might have wanted it to be when I was younger. Sorry, Dad…better late than never???
- One of my short-term goals is to become a certified personal trainer and make something out of this health and fitness hobby.
- Speaking of goals, I set them. Every. Day. There is just something about accomplishing a goal [no matter how small] that gets me going. I write down 2-3 attainable goals each morning and set out to reach them by the end of the day. Hello, productivity!
- I created this community not only to help hold myself accountable, but also to share my experiences in hopes of encouraging others to choose happy, healthy, and strong for themselves. There is power in a community of encouragement and accountability, friends, and my hope is that you find that here!
Is there anything in particular that you’d like to see a blog post about?! If so, email me or leave a comment below. I’m here to help you!